I have shown you how I developed and executed the idea of a double plafond knot. From my available information, this was an entirely novel thing. So I posted my new creation to the main knotting forums, the International Guild of Knot Tyers (IGKT) and the Knot Heads World Wide (KHWW) where a poster from China shared that the two heart plafond is definitely not a brand new idea.Read more
Knotty Notions - page 5 of 41
I started tying this knot on the scaffold and for some reason didn’t have my bodkin. Slow and painful going. I got to the second pass through the top single plafond before I gave it up until I got home and could locate one of my many bodkins. Using a bodkin made it all so much easier. So, here it is, tied on the scaffold. Looks good. Did I overlook something? Will I have what I expect when I remove the scaffold? What do you think? 8)
To everything there’s a learning curve, eh? So this time I followed up the loop layout sketch with a path tracing. Looks much better this time. We have complete coverage, all the inputs and outputs are covered and the path is completed by one tracing. Time for string.
So, here’s my second loop layout thought. What do you think? Will this one work?
Now, I would like to say that I proceeded from my preliminary layout sketch to a path sketch, decided that it wouldn’t work and then carried on to the next layout. But as you can tell from the title of this entry as well as the ordering of the posts, that’s not what happened. I had done a first pass through of the scaffold with one end of my tracing cord from the top and at that point realized that it was probably not going to work. So it was at this point than I went to the path sketch with the result you see here. Not enough coverage, the path does not complete through all the loops with one cord as required. Totally not going to work. Layout fail, move on to the next loop mapping.
Subscribe to this blog